Pecan Finger Cookies
A sweet treat for the holidays, and a specialty of Sharon’s Mom!
Yield: 5 Dozen
- Butter, softened — 1 cup (8oz.)
- Sugar, powdered — 4 Tbls. + more for rolling
- Vanilla — 2 Tbls
- Water — 1 Tbls.
- AP Flour, sifted — 2 cups
- Pecans, finely ground — 1 cup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter in mixer, add sugar gradually.
- Add vanilla and water. Mix.
- Add flour and nuts. Mix.
- Shape into crescents or balls. Bake until brown. (about 15 minutes)
- Let cool a few minutes then roll in confectionary sugar and place on a rack.
- Let cool completely then roll again.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.