Featured Recipe: Tuna Puttanesca
Yield: 6 Servings
(Recipe provided by Jardin Kazaar at Black Market Gourmet in Coos Bay, OR)
- Tuna Fillets/Steaks/Medallions, grilled — 6
- Pasta of Choice, cook last minute — 1-1/2 lbs.
- Garlic, chopped — 2 Tbls.
- Green Onion, minced — 1/2 cup
- Anchovy Fillets — 2-4
- Capers — 2-3 Tbls.
- Olive Oil — 1/2 cup
- Tomatoes, roasted, then pureed — 6 or 1 can premium canned tomatoes
- Chicken Stock — 2 cups
- Herbs (to taste), basil, parsley, etc — to taste
- Green Onion/Chives — garnish
- Mince together the garlic, olives, capers and anchovies.
- Pre-heat the oil in a sauté pan on medium heat. Sauté garlic mix.
- Add tomato and then chicken stock.
- Cook on medium high heat and sauce reduces by ¼. Toss in herbs and lemon juice to taste. Adjust seasonings.
- Toss the pasta in the sauce, top with chives, and serve with grilled tuna.