Fettuccine with Pesto
Yield: 4-6 Servings
- Eggs — 4
- Flour — 2 cups
- Mix eggs with flour until a dough forms and knead until dough is smooth and elastic. Wrap in plastic and let rest for 15-30 minutes.
- Roll pasta through pasta machine to 1/8 inch thick. Pass dough through fettuccine cutter to make the noodles; wrap in small bundles and place on floured cookie sheet. Put into freezer if not cooking immediately.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add pasta and cook for 2-3 minutes. Drain, retaining a cup of pasta water to toss with the pesto.
- Put the pasta in a heated bowl and toss with the pesto and a little of the pasta water to create a creamy sauce. Serve immediately with Parmigiano Reggiano cheese.
- Garlic cloves — 2 or more TT
- Fresh basil leaves, loosely packaged — 3 cups
- Lemon, zested and juiced — 1
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil — 1/2 cup or more
- Salt and pepper — TT
- Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, grated — 1/2 cup plus more for serving
- Pine nuts, toasted and coarsely chopped — 3 Tbls.
- Pulse garlic in food processor.
- Add basil leaves, olive oil, salt, pepper, and lemon juice.
- Pulse until the mixture becomes a coarse paste. Add a little more olive oil to achieve desired consistency. Remove from the processor and put in a bowl.
- Add lemon zest, cheese, and pine nuts and stir well to incorporate. Adjust seasonings.