Fish Taco with Mango Salsa
Try this recipe with a fresh mango salsa on top.
Serves: 8 tacos
- Mango, peeled and cut into small dice — 1 cup
- Jalapeno Pepper seeded and minced — 1
- Red onion, diced — 1/2 cup
- Cilantro chopped — 1/2 cup
- Red pepper, diced — 1 cup
- Salt & pepper — to taste
- Fresh lime juice — to taste
Prepare all ingredients for salsa and combine in one bowl. Toss and adjust seasoning to taste.
- Oil for frying fish — as needed
- Rice or tapiola flour (lightly seasoned with salt & pepper) — 2 cups
- White fish (halibut, rockfish, ling cod, etc) — 1 pound
- Corn tortillas — 2 per taco
- Shredded mix of green and red cabbage
- Cotija Mexican cheese — 1 cup
- Pre-heat oil to 350 degrees.
- Portion fish into 2 oz. strips. Dredge fresh fish in seasoned flour.
- Fry until coating is lightly brown. Set-aside on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Lightly grill or heat shells.
- Assemble as follows: 2 shells, fish, shredded cabbage, salsa and finish with cotija cheese.