Gianduja (Chocolate-Hazelnut Spread)
Yield: 2 cups
- Hazelnuts — 5 oz. (1 cup)
- Chocolate, chopped — 8 oz.
- Demerara sugar (or turbinado) — 1/4 cup
- Kosher salt — 1/2 teaspoon
- Grapeseed Oil — 1/4 cup
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Spread hazelnuts on a baking sheet and toast until fragrant and golden, 10 to 15 minutes.
- While nuts are warm, combine with chocolate, sugar and salt in a food processor. Puree until smooth, adding oil in a steady stream.
- Keep at room temperature for one month or refrigerated for up to three.